Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i can't login admin  (Read 13055 times)

sheff

• Coppermine newbie
i can't login admin
« on: September 12, 2006, 01:12:12 pm »

i can't login in admin after install cpg1.49

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: i can't login admin
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:40:30 pm »

forgotten passwords:http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33512.msg158620#msg158620
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

sheff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 01:50:47 pm »

forgotten passwords:http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33512.msg158620#msg158620

i change password, but! Login with ADMIN account and test password. Have welcome Admin screen, and returt to start page again! Log off not active and i not see it
I not see registration word for future users - it's second problem!
I not have acces to admin panel

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:24:32 pm »

PM me the link of gallery...

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 05:05:46 am »

This is a coppermine problem it seems with the new 1.4.9

Same thing is happening to me..

But they are wording it wrong...

You do get logged in, just the coppermine software does not recignize you as the admin (even if it's the ONLY registered user!)

I tried to reinstall it 4 different times to the same effect... no Admin Panel when logged in, no rights to admin.php

I will be happy to email someone that wants to help the admin login and link to page so you can see for yourself.

Would really love to get this fixed so I can finish this website I'm doing.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 05:57:32 am »

post a link to your gallery

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 06:33:26 am »

hey I thought I would let you know what was causing the problem!!

I figured it out!

Some servers (Web hosts) when you do the website you have to leave OFF the "www" part of the domain.
(for instance:  instead of going to "http://www.yourdomain.com/gallery"  You have to use "http://yourdomain.com/gallery" instead.)

It has nothing to do with coppermine itself, but the host... it don't matter how you set up the site in the config screen of coppermine, it expects you to go there without the "www." in the domain.

I tried it both ways.. leaving the "www." off shows the admin panel and alows full use of admin rights.
using the "www." in the front you can log in but the admin panel is non-existant, and you have no rights to admin.

I hope this would help someone that has the same problems. :)

sagebear

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 03:05:38 pm »

Your info helps a lot - thank you for it.
 :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 03:35:43 pm »

You just discovered the basics of how cookies work.
The domain www.yourdomain.tld is (technically speaking) just a subdomain of yourdomain.tld. They are not the same, and technically, the server could be set up to show different content on the domain yourdomain.tld and www.yourdomain.tld (nobody does this though). Most webhosts have set up their servers to allow both alternatives (with or without the leading subdomain "www").
Cookies-wise, sub-domains are different domains, and out-of-the-box, cookies don't work across domains (that's a security feature, remember!). If you want your cookie to work both with and without leading www subdomain, enable sub-domain independent cookies by changing the cookie domain to .yourdomain.tld (mind the leading dot).
An even better alternative is to be consistent in the use of your URL: don't mix up links that point to http://yourdomain.tld/ and http://www.yourdomain.tld/ - they are different animals.
You as the person who is running a site/domain (notice that I'm trying to avoid the term "webmaster") should be aware of the mechanisms that make the internet tick, so you should understand how domains, cookies and authentification work - not only to make your coppermine-driven gallery work as expected (because the technology does not only apply to coppermine), but for the benefit of all cookie-driven apps.
For clarification: there is a cookie-name (just alphanumerals allowed plus underscore, avoid using a dot in cookie names, just because that's how the technology works), a cookie path (that is meant to determine if the cookie is meant to work for sub-folders within your domain) and a cookie hostname. We can't give general advice how to set them up (as your requirements may differ, depending on your webhosting and server setup), but usually the defaults are OK.

OK, back to the use of the www-subdomain: as end users are not aware of how cookies work and therefor might be inconsistent in their use of the leading www subdomain, it is recommended that you force the use of one genuine domain name. So, if your webserver is running on apache (most servers are) and your webhost allows you to perform this operation, I recommend setting up a .htaccess file within the webroot of your site that has this content:
Code: [Select]
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.yourdomain\.tld$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://yourdomain.tld/$1 [R,L]
This will rewrite the URL if someone is trying to access your site with leading www subdomain to the version without it. We have a similar .htaccess rule in place (you're welcome to try - go to www.coppermine-gallery.net and observe the "miraculous" change of the URL in the browser's address bar). This way, your site can be accessed both with and without the leading www, and your cookies will always work no matter what.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.