Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin pack  (Read 55342 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Plugin pack
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:06:38 am »

As a courtesy to end users we have bundled all plugins that we're aware of into a plugin package. It contains all plugins from the cpg1.4 plugin contributions. You will just need to extract the content of the plugins sub-folder to your local hard drive.
The plugin package is just a snapshot of the user-contributed plugins at the stage the package gets bundled. It's mandatory that you understand:
  • There is no guarantee that the plugin package is up-to-date: individual plugins may have been updated, new plugins may have been added since the package has been released
  • Some plugins come with instructions, others don't: it's recommended that plugin authors provide a readme together with their plugin, but not all plugins come with one. For the ones that don't come with instructions, we have added a readme within the corresponding folder that contains a link to the thread that deals with the plugin
  • The plugin package in itself doesn't get supported: as suggested, it is only being provided as a courtesy. If you have questions on particular plugins, ask on the correspoding threads
  • Don't apply plugins on production servers just out of curiosity, but only if you need them.
  • Target audience for the plugin package are mainly those who want to test plugins on their local testbed and  plugin authors who want to test compatibility issues with other plugins. We're aware that there are users who just want to add every possible feature to coppermine and therefor apply whatever plugin/mod/hack that they can get. You're welcome to do so, but don't complain if things get messy.

No support: the plugin package goes unsupported, it comes as-is. Don't reply to this thread asking for support on individual plugins. Unrelated replies to this thread will be deleted without further notice.

Download the plugin package from the download page (link at top of this page).

Joachim
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:28:02 am by GauGau »

omf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Plugin pack
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:57:03 pm »

Thank you for putting together this great plugin pack.

Is is possible to make a list over the different plugins and a small message on what they do? It would be very helpful, instead of me looking through every folder and reading the readme file to try and get an impression on what the plugin actually does.

It would also be a nice thing to have a small info about the plugin version, so that we can see for ourselves if there is a new one out there.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:22:15 pm »

@Gaugau: there is a minor bug under copper_ad plugin under plugin pack, you (or other dev team member) put those files under copper_adv_124 folder but the correct folder name is copper_ad can you correct this under plugin pack !
Here is the reference: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33151.msg168258#msg168258
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 03:16:00 am »

As suggested above: the plugin pack is a courtesy to users, there's no support for it. It comes without warranties, support or anything else. I will not release a new version simply because it's too much work, nor will I go through the effort to modify all those files and come up with a better description what they do. Plugin authors are welcome to add more details about their plugins in textual form to the plugin code, so more descriptive texts are turning up on the plugin manager page itself. Plugin authors are asked to come up with a readme file as well.
It's a huge effort to bundle the plugin pack that I won't go through again, taking into account the comparatively small amount of downloads and subsequent benefit the package gives to end users.
To me, it's an experiment that failed.

Joachim

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 11:53:01 pm »

@BikiniPhotoBank:
I split your post and merge it with copper ad thread ...

check this:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33151.msg173879#msg173879

@GauGau ,maybe it's better to Lock this one too !
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 12:03:35 am »

OK, locking *sigh*

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 05:34:42 pm »

Meanwhile the plugin pack is way too outdated - I'm unstickyfying this thread and get rid of the corrsponding download soon. Don't use the plugin pack any longer. And no, I won't create another one.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 08:08:44 am »

I have re-packaged another bundle named "plugin pack 4" as a result of the fact that I have put all available themes on the downloads page at sf.net. However: the rules mentioned for the previous plugin pack applies for the new one as well: it's supplied as a courtesy - no questions asked, no support requests allowed.

While I went through all the plugins I noticed that a lot of them have been abandoned half-finished, which is a shame. Some of them could have become really great plugins if some minor glitches would have been corrected. I will try to come up with some suggestions.

Anyway, this thread stays locked. No support for the plugin pack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.