Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resizing Thumbnails?  (Read 2393 times)

TheNakedMan

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.runaked.com
Resizing Thumbnails?
« on: January 28, 2004, 05:54:23 am »

I am trying to get all thumbnails to be 100x133.

I am not sure how exactly how to do that.  I see I can limit either the height or the width. I am not sure how to do both at the same time.
Are you naked?  More importantly, do you want to be?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Resizing Thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 07:57:41 am »

won't work if your full-sized pics differ in size ratio: imagine what happened if you were able to set thumbnail size to 100 x 133 and uploaded a pic with 800 x 600... All people on it would look like coneheads...
The only workaround for this is to upload only pics with a fixed size ratio - set your thumbs to be 100 pixels wide and then only upload pics sized 400 x 532 or 800 x 1064 (a very silly setup, but if you must have it).
Another option is to crop/resize the thumbnails on your client - this will mean extra work for you (adding the full sized pics, adding them to coppermine, creating thumbnails on your client in your desired size, rename them properly, upload them with ftp - overwriting the thumbs coppermine created for you), but this would defeat the whole idea of coppermine handling image manipulation for you.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.