Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hide User Galleries Category  (Read 2620 times)

justal

• Coppermine novice
Hide User Galleries Category
« on: July 19, 2006, 09:26:46 pm »

Hi,
I have deleted all of my users galleries and no longer want to allow user to have their own galleries and therefore want to hide the category that contains these altogether...However I can't find out how to delete this category logging in as admin and going to the manage categories page allows me to delete all other categories but not this one... Is there a way to do it??

Thanks.
Al.

Nibbler

Re: Hide User Galleries Category
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 09:28:40 pm »

This is asked and answered frequently, please search before posting. If you delete all the user gallery albums that are inside then the category will not be displayed.

justal

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 09:48:33 pm »

I did that, but it didn't work. After deleting all of the users galleries for some reason the category was still showing that there was 3 user galleries in it, despite the fact that when you then clicked on the category it said there were no albums to display...

I've now got around it by checking the MySQL database in which there were 3 rogue albums, all of which had different category id's that didn't relate to any categories that have been created.... My database only had 4 categories in it but the id for these were 100007, 100008 and 100009. I don't know where they came from, but I have now deleted them using phpMyAdmin and all seems OK.

I just hope nothing else had to be amended within the database at the same time.

Al.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 06:12:48 am »

Make sure to use the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.8). If you're running an older version, upgrade asap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.