Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Alpha] Create a Timeline of your gallery  (Read 28189 times)

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
[Alpha] Create a Timeline of your gallery
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:09:11 am »

I made a plugin to create a timeline of when you pictures were uploaded to your gallery:

(http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=49860.0;attach=10021)

It currently only works on Firefox, so if someone could help me fix that?
You can download it here

Just extract it in your Coppermine root folder, and activate the plugin via the pluginmanager.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Alpha] Create a Timeline of your gallery
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 12:22:45 pm »

It's a plugin, not a mod. Why did you start your thread on the mods board?
Imo there is no need to require that file to reside in coppermine's root - the plugin architecture allows you to put your file into your plugin's folder and then include it.
I reviewed the plugin, with "timeline.php" being renamed to "index.php" and residing in the plugin folder.
I corrected the link in the sub menu as well to make it a bit more standards compliant.
However, I can't get it to work as expected, as the plugin can't create the xml file (permissions issue probably). Where do you attempt to create that file? In the coppermine root? Not a good idea - the xml file should go into the plugin folder.

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 03:33:47 pm »

Thanks for doing some improvements!
I posted it here because this board is without support :) and as it still doesn't work in firefox...
I started this plugin to learn something of the plugin architecture, but actually haven't used the plugin hooks much :)

Will change the location of the xml file.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:55 am »

I posted it here because this board is without support :)
OK, I see. I'll move this thread to the plugin board anyway. Plugins don't necessarily come with support: it's fine to flag them as being in "alpha" stage as you did or just making clear in your announcement that the plugin will go unsupported.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.