Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User galleries display on the front page  (Read 3965 times)

totyo

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.amapi.net
User galleries display on the front page
« on: January 15, 2004, 04:45:05 pm »

Hello !
I hope it's not a stupid question, I browse the forum and the documentation without an answer (perhaps I'm a dumb :)

How can I display on the main page the albums of the "User galleries" ?

No problems for the default categorie and its include albums, but nothing for the "User galleries" categorie... I think it's because the User galeries is categorie where the name of the user is a subcategorie with his albums inside...

Then, is there a way to have only one and only one album per user in only one categorie ?

It's for the gallery of my website (http://www.amapi.net/galerie/), and the only solution for me is to make an album of eachusers and upload the pictures of the users myself... not really easy if they want to add themselves a pictures...

Thank you very much ![/url]

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 05:39:47 pm »

The easiest thing to do is to:

1- create a category for each user--like you did
2- create a group for each user and give that group permission to the category
3- assign the user to their group

They'll still be able to upload to their "personal" profile under user profiles though.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: User galleries display on the front page
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 05:43:57 pm »

Quote from: "totyo"
Hello !
How can I display on the main page the albums of the "User galleries" ?

This is not possible.

Quote from: "totyo"

Then, is there a way to have only one and only one album per user in only one categorie ?
It's for the gallery of my website (http://www.amapi.net/galerie/), and the only solution for me is to make an album of eachusers and upload the pictures of the users myself... not really easy if they want to add themselves a pictures...

Users can upload to the general albums, as long as the album has its permissions set to 'allow visitors to upload'. If you want to have a category/album for each user, you will have to create the category and album, but set the permissions and they can upload to it.
If you want their albums to be on the main page, this is probably a better solution than the users category.
This way, if you turn off the 'users can have private gallery', then they will only have the category / album you give them.

But you will have to trust they don't upload to other peoples galleries.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

totyo

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.amapi.net
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 11:47:00 pm »

Thank you very much ! It works !

Now, anonymous cannot upload, but it's not really important ;) Thanks again for the tips !

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 11:57:14 pm »

If you want anonymous to be able to upload, set the permissions in 'Groups'.  They will then be able to upload to any album that has permission set to visitors can upload, and anyone can see.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.