Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maintenance release CPG1.4.3  (Read 124044 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Maintenance release CPG1.4.3
« on: December 27, 2005, 07:20:50 pm »

The coppermine group is proud to announce the release of cpg1.4.3 as stable version (maintenance release). Thanks to everyone who contributed to it, both developers and testers.
Compared to cpg1.4.2, the new version fixes several bugs that have been reported before, most of them in relation to bridging, language/encoding and XP Publisher issues.

What has changed?
  • The old package contained a file named relocate_server.php that poses a security risk. CPG1.4.3 doesn't contain this file anymore and contains a routine to remove the potentially dangerous file from existing installs.
  • Leftover language files from cpg1.3.x have been removed from the package

Only actual translations that were made for cpg1.4.x come with the package - language files from older versions can be used with cpg1.4.3 (to some extent), using the language fallback option.[/list]

Please don't post individual support requests or possible bug reports as a reply to this thread, it is reserved for announcement and news purposes only.

As usual, cpg1.4.3 is the best coppermine version ever, we hope that you enjoy it as much as we did creating it.

Joachim
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:52:24 pm by GauGau »

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
Re: Maintenance release CPG1.4.3
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 10:41:48 pm »

NOUVELLE VERSION de MAINTENANCE COPPERMINE 1.4.3

Le groupe de développement de Coppermine est heureux d'annoncer la nouvelle version CPG 1.4.3 de Coppermine (version de Maintenance)
Merci à tous les utilisateurs qui ont contribué à cette nouvelle version, autant les développeurs que les testeurs. La plupart des modifications concernent les ponts associés à vos Forums (bridge), l'encodage des langages ainsi que XP_Publisher.
   * Téléchargez CPG 1.4.3
   * Découvrez la démo 1.4.3
   * Lisez la documentation Coppermine.
   * Mettez à jour depuis une ancienne version
   * Problèmes connus [documentation]
   * Caractéristiques espérées (sondage)
   * Vous avez trouvé un Bug ?
   * Vous avez besoin d'aide (anglais) (français) pour CPG1.4.3
   * Créez/Mettez à jour des Thèmes pour CPG1.4.3
   * Nous avons besoin d'aide pour les Traductions. Faire un inventaire des traductions achevées ou en cours, afin de les complèter si le besoin se fait sentir.

Qu'est-ce qui a changé par rapport à l'ancienne version ?
   * L'ancienne version contenait un fichier nommé relocate_server.php qui posait un flagrant problème de sécurité.
Ainsi, CPG1.4.3 contient une routine qui décèle l'existence de ce fichier potentiellement dangereux, fichier existant depuis une précédente intallation de CPG. Cette routine le supprimera.
   * Les fichiers de langages provenant d'une version 1.3.x sont supprimés du présent package CPG1.4.3

Uniquement les traductions CPG1.4.3 réellement abouties sont livrées avec le nouveau package Coppermine. Les fichiers de langages provenant d'anciennes versions de Coppermine peuvent néanmoins être utilisées avec CPG1.4.3 (avec quelques réserves malgré tout, notamment le click sur le bouton Configuration en Mode Admin !)

Nous vous demandons de ne pas demander de l'aide dans ce topic, ni signaler des Bugs possibles, faites-le ici. Nous vous demandons de bien vouloir poser vos questions dans les Forums de support liés à votre question.

De nouveau, cette version de Coppermine est meilleure que jamais, et nous espérons qu'elle saura vous satisfaire et que vous l'apprécierez autant que nous lors de son développement.

Joachim (aka GauGau )
(smally translated by PYAP)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 01:06:25 am by PYAP »

MrBlaQ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 10:59:53 pm »

Hello, I'm not having any luck downloading the 1.4.3 stable release from any of the SF.net servers.  I also see there are 0 downloads on the counter for this release.  Might you guys be able to fix this issue?  Or, could you provide a direct link to a copy of the .zip?

Thanks.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 11:03:06 pm »

Me too. I get this error message for the Phoenix and Kent servers:
There was a problem downloading the file from easynews.dl.sourceforge.net. Please try a different mirror.

savage

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:13:53 pm »

Ditto on the download problem - I tried every server in the list.

As a side note, if 1.4.2 is working, and relocate_server.php has been removed from the server, is this update really necessary? That is to say, am I OK without it, other than being .0.1 version behind?

I run a bunch of sites and spent last week upgrading all of their CPG installs to 1.4.2. I don't relish the idea of having to do it again 5 days later if I don't have to. ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 11:24:14 pm »

tried several mirrors - some worked for me, some didn't. A sf.net issue anway that probably will go away soon. I temporarily attached a copy of the release package to my first post (will remove it later). Please try another mirror if the first one(s) doesn't work for you as expected and fall back to the attachment if everything else fails.

MrBlaQ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 11:36:42 pm »

Thanks a lot for the attachment.  Time to get busy learning coppermine now!

poemnite

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 02:45:54 am »

Thanks a lot for the hard working you guys did.

By the way, I checked the Chinese big5 lang file of 1.4.3. It looks like the same issue as 1.4.2.
I installed 1.4.2. before, and found the charset was set to utf-8. I suppose it should be big5.

On 1.4.3, the file chinese_big5.php still set $lang_charset = 'utf-8'
1.3.x was set to big5, thus, if upgraded from 1.3.x, then the data stored and the cpg sysetm will be conficted.
Then the screen will be screwed up.
Thanks.

CapriSkye

• Translator
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • 森林之原
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 08:22:16 am »

poemnite, cpg 1.4x uses utf-8 for all languages, so big5 isn't used anymore.
when you're upgrading from 1.3x, the language should be converted to utf-8 charset for you.
depending on what you mean by "screwed up", you should be able to change your browser's charset to utf-8 to get the characters show up correctly, or you'll need to convert your database to utf-8.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 08:54:10 am »

please keep support issues out of the announcement thread as suggested above.

Lowlander

• Coppermine newbie
  • Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Detailed changelog available?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 03:20:57 pm »

As a side note, if 1.4.2 is working, and relocate_server.php has been removed from the server, is this update really necessary? That is to say, am I OK without it, other than being .0.1 version behind?
Is there a detailed changelog available? It would be very helpful to make a decision (upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3).

larol

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 12:36:33 am »

Hello, I have the cpg 1.4.3 installed and it works, but when I upload a picture and i would it do into an album then I get the message in german language: Die vorhergehende Datei konnte nicht gesetzt werden.
                            Alle Dateien wurden erfolgreich Alben zugeordnet.
and in my Album is no picture to see but in the folder on my server is the picture exist. What can I do?
Tks a lot for answer.
Roland

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 12:47:23 am »

Post a support request on a support board then, don't clutter up the announcements board.

allright

• Coppermine newbie
HELP HELP i want to disable right click
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 09:30:51 pm »

i want to disable right click on my photo gallery. i got the disable could the problem is i don't know where to put the script. I don't see any coding on my site. Is there a way i can get into my site so i can see the codes. From there i need to know where to put the script. I just need help to find where to put these codes. I have no clue. Thanks a bunch

Nibbler

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 10:45:07 pm »

Post a support request on a support board then, don't clutter up the announcements board.

Jim Beam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 10:51:21 pm »

First of all many apopologies if thsi is not the correct place to post this, i am not 100% but it looked the best place.

I have installed Coopermine version 1.4.3 and want users to able to upload flyers.

I have the CPG Mark plain installed, as I want all images uploaded by all users to have the site name on them.
At the moment all I can get it to do is effect images my user uploads  but not all images and other users can effect the images how they wish.

Is there anywhere of setting it so admin can set watermark over all images and this can not be changed by users.

If not any alternative ideas?

any help greatly appreciated, as have been working hard to get this site live and this is the only thing I am stuck on now.

many Thanks in advance

Jim Beam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 10:52:20 pm »

apologies.. just seen this is an announcemnet please ignore.

Nibbler

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 10:54:46 pm »

Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.