This post began as a support request. I couldn't figure out how to actually use this plugin. I followed all the rules:
- I couldn't get a .mp4 file I uploaded to work, so I searched the forums for a solution until I found this thread.
- I followed the instructions
on how to install the plugin.
- I read Coppermine's documentation
: "we can't give any recommendations within this documentation...usually, plugins that require you to edit or configure anything come with a README file that tells you how to do so." There was no readme when I extracted the zip file.
- I read the FAQ thread
: "Follow any setup instructions provided by the plugin's installer." When I installed the plugin from pluginmgr.php, I got no follow-up instructions on how to use or configure the plugin.
- I tried navigating to each of the included .php pages. configuration.php
loaded a blank page, codebase.php
gave me a page with the text "Not in Coppermine...", and editor.php
gave me this error:
Warning: main(include/init.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/[...]/coppermine/plugins/filetypes_editor/editor.php on line 3
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/init.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/services/vux/lib/php') in /data/[...]/coppermine/plugins/filetypes_editor/editor.php on line 3
- I searched the support forums, with the internal search engine and an external one, but found nothing about how to make use of the plugin.
- Finally, after I registered on these forums and was about to ask for help, I realized...This plugin creates a new button at the top of your coppermine gallery page called "filetypes". Click this button to actually make use of this plugin.
Perhaps the author considered this obvious, but it wasn't for me; I expected to see this fact documented somewhere. I'm posting the information now in hopes of helping the next person with the same problem.