Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin: Filetype editor  (Read 109036 times)

Nibbler

Plugin: Filetype editor
« on: November 27, 2005, 02:22:03 am »

This plugin provides the admin with an easy to use interface to Coppermine's filetypes table, avoiding the need to use phpmyadmin. You can add, edit and delete file types and set the default player for each type of file.

Update: v1.0.2 - Remoed use of short tags.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 02:32:01 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Plugin: Filetype editor
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 10:48:32 pm »

oh, wow. This has been on my todo list for cpg1.5. Great idea, I'm glad you coded this.

ganesh

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
    • Gospel Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 06:59:35 pm »

Great plugin! Thanx! ;)

gvlakers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 04:30:21 am »

This plugin provides the admin with an easy to use interface to Coppermine's filetypes table, avoiding the need to use phpmyadmin. You can add, edit and delete file types and set the default player for each type of file.

Hi there.  Just found the link to this plugin which I have been needing to upload file types other than those that are listed.  How do you use this plugin?   I see there are 3 files that are in the .zip, now where should they be put on the server and how are they accessed?  Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 07:26:26 am »

wuurp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 04:15:43 am »

This plugin wasn't working for me. On the edit form it would print <?=$presel_extension?> instead of the extension since I don't allow the short form of the tags. For portability, shouldn't this be long form, as in <?php echo $presel_extension?> There are 5 of the short form tags in editor.php. I changed these and now I'm happy.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 06:18:35 am »

you're right, short PHP tags should be avoided (best practise), however I suggest reviewing your server (PHP) setup.

wuurp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 07:23:52 am »

I have the short form tags disabled on my servers for various reasons. I just thought I would point it out because the main core of coppermine doesn't use short tags and I figured it would be good if plugins followed the same conventions.

For this I get a -1 Karma?  :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 07:31:55 am »

no, you didn't get a negative karma rating for your reply (at least not from me). Please avoid meta-discussion (about karma stuff etc.), especially on this particular thread, as it should deal with the plugin only, we're keen on not having too much thread drift here. As I suggested: your reply goes noted and the short tags will eventually be replaced by the proper long ones at some later stage.

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 02:32:53 pm »

Plugin updated. Also note that if you use the plugin to remove filetypes you should rename or remove your update.php.

Captain Bob

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 10:56:54 am »

This post began as a support request.  I couldn't figure out how to actually use this plugin.  I followed all the rules:

- I couldn't get a .mp4 file I uploaded to work, so I searched the forums for a solution until I found this thread.
- I followed the instructions on how to install the plugin.
- I read Coppermine's documentation: "we can't give any recommendations within this documentation...usually, plugins that require you to edit or configure anything come with a README file that tells you how to do so."  There was no readme when I extracted the zip file.
- I read the FAQ thread: "Follow any setup instructions provided by the plugin's installer."  When I installed the plugin from pluginmgr.php, I got no follow-up instructions on how to use or configure the plugin.
- I tried navigating to each of the included .php pages.  configuration.php loaded a blank page, codebase.php gave me a page with the text "Not in Coppermine...", and editor.php gave me this error:

Warning: main(include/init.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/[...]/coppermine/plugins/filetypes_editor/editor.php on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/init.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/services/vux/lib/php') in /data/[...]/coppermine/plugins/filetypes_editor/editor.php on line 3

- I searched the support forums, with the internal search engine and an external one, but found nothing about how to make use of the plugin.

- Finally, after I registered on these forums and was about to ask for help, I realized...

This plugin creates a new button at the top of your coppermine gallery page called "filetypes".  Click this button to actually make use of this plugin.

Perhaps the author considered this obvious, but it wasn't for me; I expected to see this fact documented somewhere.  I'm posting the information now in hopes of helping the next person with the same problem.

soleiltan2

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • SandRailsOnly
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 09:02:05 pm »

;D

Now this is the kind of help/response/information that I have been looking for....

You certainly did help, I was looking for all of the things that you mentioned here.

Sometimes when people write instructions, they leave out what seems blatant....but when you're a newbie...you need it spelled out.

Thanks a bundle!!!!!!

kryspin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 02:14:36 pm »

Hi,
thanks for really great plugin. It seems to work just fine with some extensions. I successfully added .kml, .gpx and .plt (Ozi Explorer track). However, I ran into two problems recently. I tried to add .kmz file and .wpt (Ozi Explorer waypoint file) and even though the mimetype is correct (, it is set to "document" (once I forgot and left it for image - no wander it does not work then) and "no plazer" and everything seemed to be ok. When I tried to batch add uploaded .kmz, I got PB error (it works fine with .kml).  Attributes of directory the file is in is set to "777". I even tried to edit and to delete the extension and create it again, but it didn't help. Does anybody know where might be the problem? I would be really thankfull for help.

Nibbler

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 02:39:20 pm »

This is not related to the plugin - it's just an interface. Post on the upload support board, posting the required information.

kryspin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 03:11:26 pm »

Sorry, I put the question in a wrong thread. However I thought it somehow might be connected with the plugin for following reasons:
- I made the same mistake with two different filetypes - .kmz and .wpt. I set them independently not to "document" but to "image" and saved them.
- they both make the same error - they upload, but are no added to gallery
- the files which have never been set to "image" are working perfectly

I appologise, if I'm still mistaken and it really does not relate to the plugin.

PS> does your previous answer mean you already posted the required information (i couldn§§ find it) or should I ask question in upload support board?

kryspin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 03:20:53 pm »

and I have forgotten - when I try to edit these .kml and .wpt files - the fields "file extension" and "mime type" are empty (even though the should not be) and the image type is set to "image", even though it was re-set to "document" several times. In the table with all the files it appears to be all right. These both files have been once set to "image", which might have caused the problem.

kryspin

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 07:59:11 pm »

I found the problem, it seems, that field "Allowed document types" in configuration has to be editted manualy. Then it works fine.

hkr

• Coppermine novice
file type editor.
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:15 pm »

i have installed this plugin: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,24186.0.html
however it dosent show up anywhere, from where can i edit the file types?

thnx..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: file type editor.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »

The plugin adds a menu item to the admin menu (named "Filetypes"). You can access it directly as well by going to http://yoursite.tld/your_gallery/index.php?file=filetypes_editor/editor

Merging with the thread you refered to, as this might not be ovious for everyone. Adding a screenshot.

hkr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 09:48:50 pm »

thnx you very much, using the direct link works fine,however i dont see any such options under admin tools to view the file type editor.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.