Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Themes "ATSIV" ...with Drop down menus, tabs, hover, ICONs etc  (Read 11552 times)

Gene-2008

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Themes "ATSIV" ...with Drop down menus, tabs, hover, ICONs etc
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:42:07 am »

I am finally ready to release a new theme.  Actually one theme two colors.
I started this theme for CPG1.5.x and decided to back port it to CPG1.4.25.
The ICONs are those that will be used in 1.5.x.

Features:
  • Drop down menus for Sys_menu, Sub_menu, User_menu, and Admin_menu
  • ICONs for almost all menus
  • Hover features on menus, button, and tabs.
  • Tabs and "jump to page" options when albums, thumbnails etc are to great for page
  • Ready for multi languages ...you will have to edit the language files. But I show exactly what you must add.
  • Drop down for sort thumbnails
  • Non-scrolling command bar along top
  • OR you can use provide template-noframe.html if you prefer scrolling
  • Others you have to see to know

In the zips is a text file "Required-Lang-file-changes.txt" that tells what must be added to the language file(s) and index.php.

If you want the  command bar to scroll with the rest of the page rename template.html to template-noscrolling.html and
template-noframe.html to template.html

One NOTE If you have plugins that add buttons to the menus you may have to edit them to get the look of the drop downs.
I can provide details about that if people are interested.  But will not due now because of time. ;)

Below are some screen captures of the themes.
Or you can see them at:
http://gene-photo.homeip.net/photo_server/index.php?theme=atsiv_grey
http://gene-photo.homeip.net/photo_server/index.php?theme=atsiv_blue

Note due size restrictions on post I will added the theme zips as two follow-ups to this post.

Hoping you enjoy and find useful,
Gene

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:30:59 am by Joachim Müller »

Gene-2008

• Contributor
Re: New theme...with Drop down menus, tabs, hover, ICONs etc
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:44:10 am »

Note due size restrictions on post I will added the theme zips as two follow-ups to this post.

Gene

Gene-2008

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 01:45:41 am »

Gene

Here is the blue version.

Gene-2008

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 01:47:10 am »

Gene

And the grey version.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 09:29:40 am »

Thanks for your contribution. I have added both flavors of your theme to the demo and download section.

@Gene: I have performed minor edits (in comparison to the attachments you have posted), as far as the naming scheme for archives is concerned. Additionally, I have removed the SVN info that you had left behind from the theme template that you built your work upon. The subversion info only makes sense for files that reside inside our subversion repository. It doesn't make sense to edit parts of that info section (like the author name). I have edited out that piece of information.
Recommendations:
  • when new themes are being developed we encourage theme authors to leave the {CUSTOM_HEADER} token directly after the opening <body>-tag. Subsequently, the position of all elements behind it should not be absolute, but relative to the parents container.
  • We'd appreciate it if your theme went with a readme file that explained the license that your theme comes with. That readme file is the place where your credits and maybe a changelog could go as well.
Please don't get me wrong: I appreciate your theme contribution a lot, the recommendations I posted are meant as encouraging words; after all, your theme looks marvelous.

Sadly, the needed changes in the language files can't go into the demo on our site, so the visitors of the demo will miss most of what makes your themes stand out: the dropdown menu fields for the admin menu and the album properties are really cool and of course they are space savers as well.

Joachim

P.S: I have renamed this thread from New theme...with Drop down menus, tabs, hover, ICONs etc )
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 03:18:55 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Themes "ATSIV" ...with Drop down menus, tabs, hover, ICONs etc
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 10:02:52 am »

Gene,

Great theme, I really like this one. Keep up the good work. :)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Gene-2008

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 03:15:15 pm »

Thanks for your contribution. I have added both flavors of your theme to the demo and download section.
You are welcome thanks for all the work y'all have put into this.  ;D

We'd appreciate it if your theme went with a readme file that explained the license that your theme comes with. That readme file is the place where your credits and maybe a changelog could go as well.
I will look at the changes you made to the demo files and add them to my posting, along with a readme.txt

Sadly, the needed changes in the language files can't go into the demo on our site, so the visitors of the demo will miss most of what makes your themes stand out: the dropdown menu fields for the admin menu and the album properties are really cool and of course they are space savers as well.
Should/Could the demo files of the theme be changed to not use the language files but instead have the "User" and "Album" headings in English?
I would be glad to make those changes and send them for the demo site posting.

Also it looks like you have replace the "Registration" item under the "User" menu with "My Profile".  The ICON does not come up for that because the class is set as "My_profile" and their is no class by that name in the CSS.  It should be "profile" instead.

A similar thing appears to be happening with the "Forum" button under the "Album" menu.  Instead it is the language that is not correct.

It also appears there is an error in the blue style.CSS.  It needs to have the following line added at about line 999.
.menu li a#Sort b.b_top          {background: transparent url('images/icons/picture_sort.png') no-repeat center center; }

Gene
@Phill thanks y'all's comments really mean a lot.   ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:15:13 pm by Gene-2008 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Themes "ATSIV" ...with Drop down menus, tabs, hover, ICONs etc
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 11:54:24 pm »

The demo is bridged to this forum, that's why the menus differ slighty from a standalone. Please go ahead if you want to create a special version that takes care of the fact that we can't edit the language file for the demo.
I even suggest performing an if/then check to see if the language file changes are there and if not hard-code them in. The performance penalty should be neglible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.